Today: May 19, 2024
Our endeavour to pursue free and fair journalism is possible only when we are both editorially and financially sound
1 month ago

LED lamp manufacturing unit damaged in overnight blaze at Sanat Nagar

Srinagar: An LED electric lamp manufacturing unit was damaged in an overnight blaze at Sanat Nagar area of central Kashmir’s Srinagar district, officials said on Monday.

An official told KNO, that a factory named Rafiqee Sounds, constructed on a plot area of approximately 4000 square feet, was damaged in the fire incident due to an electrical short circuit.

He added that it was a manufacturing unit for LED electric lamps, compressor machines, strap machines, laser machines, assembly lines, and SMT machines. A portion of the unit was used for storing electrical and electronic goods. Accessories like geysers, rice cookers, and induction heaters were severely damaged, he said.

The two-storey building was completely damaged in the fire,” said the official, adding that no loss of life or injuries were reported.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Don't Miss