Today: July 19, 2024
Our endeavour to pursue free and fair journalism is possible only when we are both editorially and financially sound
1 month ago

Cook, kid received injuries in gas cylinder explosion at school in South Kashmir

Srinagar: A cook and a kid received burn injuries in a gas cylinder explosion that took place at a school in Marhama area of South Kashmir’s Anantnag district on Saturday.

 

An official told Kashmir Scroll that a gas explosion occurred at Middle School Jafarpora Marhama Anantnag in which a 50 year old lady identified as Hajira and a four year old kid identified as Zian son of Mohd Ashraf has suffered injuries .

 

He said that both were initially shifted to SDH Bijbehara and were later referred to SMHS hospital Srinagar for further treatment, he said.

The lady was a cook at the school and the cause of the explosion is said to be the leakage in the gas cylinder,he said.

 

The fire caused by the explosion has been brought under control,he added.

 

Meanwhile police have taken cognizance and started investigation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Don't Miss